Ecoliteracy & Education
We educate a diversity of professionals, students, and audiences in the common language that unifies and underlies any formulation or framework of sustainability. We also devote much time in translating primary research and cutting edge science, as well as maintaining all relevant credentials, to ensure that we contribute innovative yet pragmatic thinking to our clients’ initiatives and projects.
Collectively, we have trained, taught, given keynotes and conference presentations to thousands of professionals and students internationally.
Recent presentations & trainings include:
- Greenbuild 2016. Master Speaker.
- USGBC NY Upstate Chapter Annual Meeting, April 2015. Panelist on Resilience Panel.
- Living Future Conference 2015, Seattle, WA. Workshop co-leader, “Cities that Function like Forests: An Innovative Approach to Urban Resilience.”
- SUNY ESF NYS Green Building Conference 2015, Syracuse, NY. Presenter, Introduction to Resilience Science for Buildings and Cities.
- Resilience2014, Montpelier, France. Session presenter, Resilience Science in Practice.
- Greenbuild (2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006) (LEED Faculty teaching LEED for Homes 401: Green Rater Training in prior years).
- Building a Greener Adirondacks, Tupper Lake, NY (2014). Introduction to Resilience Science for Buildings and Cities.
- SXSW Eco, Austin, TX (2014 and 2012). Session leader and presenters for “Salvaging the Holocene: Biomimicry and Resilience”.
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Sustainable Community Development Series, Geneva, NY. Invited lecturer, “Introduction to Resilience Science for Buildings and Cities”.
- Syracuse Center of Excellence Symposium, Syracuse, NY (2013, 2011 & prior years).
- EPA ENERGY STAR National Industrial Partner Meeting, Washington, DC. Keynote speaker, Biomimicry: Building in Nature’s Image.
- ACI Regional Home Performance Conference in NY,Saratoga Springs, NY (2014).
- SUNY ESF NYS Green Building Conference, Syracuse,NY (2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007).
- CNY Engineering EXPO, 2014. Biomimicry and EPS.
- BuildEx Calgary, 2014, Calgary, Alberta Canada. Ecological Performance Standards.
- Omega Institute Eco-literacy Immersion Program, 2012, Rhinebeck, NY.
- ERAPPA,Rochester, NY (2013 and prior years).
- Syracuse Biomimicry Challenge, Syracuse University, NY (2011)
- USGBC Greening the Caribbean, San Juan, Puerto Rico (2010)
- NESEA Building Energy, Boston, MA (2011)
- Build Boston, Boston, MA (2010)
- Net Impact (2013, 2009, 2008, 2007)
Kevin also provides the following USGBC and related workshops & trainings:
- USGBC LEED for Homes 252
- USGBC LEED for HOMES 301
- USGBC LEED for HOMES 401: Green Rater Training
- USGBC LEED Core Concepts & Strategies 201
- ENERGY STAR v3 trainings (for code officials, builders, designers, and related professionals)
- Building in Nature’s Image (customized for each audience)